Monday, April 9, 2012

Intro

Hello Everyone!

I decided I would start this blog as a way to share how my husband and I have become more economical and environmentally-friendly by changing a few of our bad habits. This is pretty much a continuous journey, so there is still a lot of headway to be made. Therefore, I'll be sharing the ups and downs of how we've gotten here and what we're doing to keep on the path to sustainable living.

A little about us...
My husband and I live in Morgantown, West Virginia (not Western Virginia, for all you non-geography-savvy urban-dwellers who think the Mountain State is still part of Virginia). My husband Noel is a conservative (GASP!) Army veteran who I've coaxed into coming to the light side and joining my liberal earth-saving ways. On the other hand, I'm a research scientist and currently working towards my PhD at WVU. We currently do not have any children, but we plan to do so in the next couple of years.

For us, living greener was not necessarily about tree-hugging, although that was definitely a good side effect of our actions. We actually found that by being more environmentally aware and putting that awareness into practice, we saved ourselves money, and a lot of it! Now who can't afford to go green?

So through this blog, I hope to give you tips that will help you save some money and help you make some green decisions for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment